Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2011

6 More Days and we will be headed to Florida:)

Our favourite restaurant in Pedasi. The one where we signed the papers to buy our lot in September, 2008 and also the one that Brad and Angelina have visited on a few occasions. 




Well I can't believe that the time is almost here. When we sold our home back on December 8th I thought that 6 months was sooo long and would take forever to get here. People would tell me that it would go by fast but I didn't believe it would until just today! The time is now here and I'm stress beyond belief. 
I am also very, very excited. To be living our dream seems so surreal. Last night I was telling Don that I can't believe we are really going to do this...really going to be leaving the country I have spent my whole 38 years (lol) in...and moving to paradise.
We already have our 50th anniversary planned. It will be on Friday, October 7th, 2033, and we will celebrate either on our porch overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean with a drink in our hands, or on the beach saying our 'I love you's'
I know I have said before that I have the most wonderful husband walking the earth, but I truly mean it. He loves me unconditionally and he is so industrious and has worked so hard in the past three years (and all of his working years) making our dream become a reality.
I love you Don!
Oh and he does all of the packing too....:)
Ok, enough of the mushiness, let's talk about some things only men can do.

The other day Don lost his debit card so no biggie....He asked to borrow mine. No biggie either, except that he LOST MINE TOO!!
So he goes to the bank to get us new ones and he finds out that he has also LOST HIS DRIVER'S LICENSE.
This is just great!
A week before we leave and now we have to go and get a temporary one and of course it takes 4 to 6 weeks for a new one to come and we don't really have an address yet to send it to Panama when it comes, but we did work that out with our friend who lives there now. They will be sent to him.
So now he has to drive around with a 'paper' license and when the girl that gave this to him he says and I quote, "Don't I have to have also have my drivers license with me when carrying this paper one"?  What the? If he had his driver's license we would not be here!!
Men!!

The fantastic group of people at Don's office gave him a surprise going away party yesterday. Everyone showed up and it was so nice that they all were genuinely happy for both of us.
I think our hotel will be full with just our friends and acquaintances that I hope come and visit. It's going to be awesome!
The owner of Re/Max, Roger Anderson, gave us a gift card for $100 for a restaurant down the road that just opened. We have been wanting to go there for a couple of months, so tonight we are finally getting to go. Wine, best of food, laughter..just as long as it doesn't go over $100, lol. 
Thank you to everyone. So nice that we have such good friends who really care.

Don's out doing last minute things so I had better go and do SOMETHING before he gets back. I am really not a slug, but when you have a hubby that does all of that ugly packing stuff what is a girl to do but sit back and watch, right? That is my story and I am sticking to it:)

It's a beautiful day here in the neighbourhood. Oh yes, I forgot on my walk again today the Mom and Pop geese and their 6 babies were prancing across the road again. I have never seen anything so cute....That makes me smile!!
I also saw a snapping turtle crossing the road, albeit very slowly....:)
I had to keep Sadie away as she is very inquisitive and wouldn't need it snapping at her and taking a piece out of her nose.

Have a great day my friends, and remember to 'Stay in the Light'

4 comments:

Ian said...

OK Got you sussed missy .. re the restaraunt pikky so poor old Don goes there for wonderful food , cold amber nectar & the wonderful ambiance & YOU go there in the hope of a grope of Brad ! As for the gushing suck up praise of him doing all the work I hope he puts you on a lemonade only fluid intake ! LOL
This tirade may be the result of my being on anti bios & denied alcohol for 5 days !! LOL

Anonymous said...

Forgive me, Brad and Angelina? Michael Jordan? Mel Gibson? in Pedasi??? You are drinking too much of the Pedasi koolaid my dear. Please see marketing dept for explanation!

Connie said...

Well it seems you have not done your due diligence here. I did not say they have homes in Pedasi, I said they do in the Azeuro's peninsula. You should check more before shooting your huge mouth off.

Anonymous said...

Well, the last time I checked, Pedasi is in Azueros. I've spent 3 years travelling in Azueros and building a home in the Pedasi area. Heard all of the things people want other people to hear about movie stars coming and buying property but for the last three years there is not one photo of a "movie star" well known "sports celebrity" in any of those lovely little places we call our own. Ya think, just maybe, the marketing spin machines just wanna say stuff to make us little people believe so the rest can feel good about making an investment in Azueros, or Panama or Pedasi or whatever you think is necessary to pump up the interst? Again, I am an owner, investor and real person making my rounds in the area. I know enough people in the hospitality industry to know the difference. I say, show me the money or in this case, show me proof or else stop being like the rest of the pumpers and let Pedasi sell itself on it's own merits, which by the way are wonderful and don't need uneccessary promotion.

Other than that, life is good and hoping the best for you and yours.